Folklore: The Affliction
|Availability:||In stock (2)|
You move carefully through the stone hallway, lit only by a patch of moonlight and the smoldering stump of a torch in your hand. Sweat drips from your forehead - if you make a sound, it could be your last. Somewhere in this estate hides a creature who is neither living nor dead, who drinks the cherry blood of his guests, and whose gaze warps the mind of all who meet it. You clutch the wooden spike tightly to your chest, your pounding heart daring you to drop it. Finally, you find the door that leads to the master bedroom. You hold your breath, savoring it as your reach for the cold iron knob...
Folklore: The Affliction is an adventure board game for 1-5 players, in which your characters progress through a series of stories in their quest to rid the land of evil. Every story is broken into chapters, allowing players to control the length of each game session. Most chapters take 45-60 minutes to complete.
Become one of six unique characters, increasing in knowledge and skill as you embark on a frightful journey to save the world of Folklore from the horrors that plague it. Will you survive the adventure that awaits? Will your courage falter and your friends fail you? Or will you become legends? Open and find out...
• A cooperative campaign requiring no game master (including solo play)
• Six stories with multiple paths and endings - over 13 hours of replayable content!
• Customize your characters with an archetype, focus, and branching paths
• Unlock abilities, prayers, and rituals for defeating challenges both in and out of combat
• Discover over 100 unique items, equipment, and ancient artifacts to aid in your quest
• Beautifully rendered double-sided terrain maps, 72 highly detailed standees, and hundreds of gorgeous illustrations!
10 Double-sided Maps
1 World Map
and much more!
Game Length: 60-90 minutes